Monday, May 5, 2008

My Mom

My mom is kind and generous and very giving of herself, almost to a fault if that is possible. I have a great phone plan so we are able to talk whenever we want for a monthly flat rate. This is a good thing not only for us but for Ryan. He loves to talk to his granny several times a week, and she loves to hear every detail of every story he has.
My mom got to share in the birth of Ryan (as did my mother in law and sister in law) which was great for me being my first delivery. Financially it is hard to see each other, but I am thankful for the times we have had, especially the time she has got to spend with her grandkids. As with my dad, that is what pains me the most of the distance between us, she doesn't get to see her grandbabies grow up close and personal.
Ryan is understanding and seems unaffected by it I suppose because he doesn't know any different. Kolton understands too and he also will talk to her on the phone when he wants to. Now I have to work on Jacob and well then I have 2 more to go....
I am glad my mom understands that if things were different and we lived in the same town, she might not have the blessings that are these boys.
We look forward to the possible visit we will get with granny in November when we meet our new baby in person.

No comments: