Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Poor baby James...and a Few Other Things

My little man has gone from the happiest, easiest baby I have ever known, to a very sad baby:(

Since Monday morning he is crying a majority of the time. He will eat his baby food, but has a hard time eating a full bottle. I am thinking he is cutting a tooth. This was hard on Ryan too, but not Jacob. It is so true that every baby is different!

He does fine if he can sit with me of Jeremy, or the kids come over and talk to him and "play" with him. You can tell he loves his brothers, they make him so happy and it is very sweet. I am so thankful that the kids love each other so much and each of them was happy every time they found out they were getting a new baby. Back to James, anyone reading this, please pray for him and that he would be comforted and the will pass quickly.





On another note, more storms in the forecast. Please continue to pray for those that have lost so much, including loved ones. I believe 27 or 28 people have lost their lives just this year from storms. http://www.todaysthv.com/default.aspxFor some reason, this is heavy on my heart and mind.

And, for those of you who don't know, I am not from Arkansas, I was born and raised in Toronto. A lot different from each other. So maybe this is why I feel so bad for these people because it is just so strange for lack of a much better word, that a storm could do this. It scares me bad, even when I lived in TO I was scared of tornadoes and storms (we didn't even have the tornadoes!). In the past year I have felt sheer panic in my heart with these storms while they were happening. It's funny afterwards to me, how scared I was, but while it's happening, I am petrified. Now, the kids do not ever see me upset, that is the one thing that helps me keep my cool. But they will see me get out their shoes and line them up in order of size/child. This makes me feel better and they ask why and I say just in case we want to go outside and they don't ever know specifically why. I have a feeling Kolton might, but he never seems scared or asks questions. We have talked to him about it and he has practiced drills at school, and he seems okay. The kids will hopefully end up like Jeremy and not let it bother them because the will have grown up with it.
Well that was therapeutic in a rambling sort of way. It actually makes me feel better, thank you for putting up with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I have not had the time to clean out my mail box until now and I see you have a blog. That's great. So sorry to hear that James is not feeling well. Hopefully it will not last long.
It seems like forever since I have seen the kids. We must get together before long.

Love you all,
Hazel