Sunday, July 13, 2008

James-8 months old





Today James is 8 months old and I am wondering where all the time has gone! He is growing fast. In the past week he has become a lot more mobile. he still does is army crawl but he so fast. He is eating all kinds of foods, potatoes, carrots, green beans, raisins, bread, cheese, he even likes small pieces of chicken. Today he had his first small nibble of cake.....very small and it was a mistake because he wanted more, duh mommy:)

Friday night he spent his first night away from home. He spent the night with mamaw and papaw so we could take the bigger boys to play putt putt after the sun went down and it wasn't so hot. He did great! I wasn't too worried, the worries you have with your first child seem not as bothersome with each child, plus mamaw and papaw are great. He went to bed like a champ around 8ish and didn't wake up until 7am...go James! I was happy mamaw didn't have to get up through the night to feed him. I didn't sleep that well, I guess because in the back of my mind I knew he wasn't here.

Back to the mobility....James is pulling up on everything which started this week, the couch, chairs, table etc....and just stands there and you can tell he is so proud of himself. He has mastered his dismount from this standing postion over the past 2 days. We have had only 2 episodes in the past week where he didn't land right and banged his little head, I try to just play it off like it is funny, but that doesn't work just yet, although I know it will eventually, we've done it with the others.

When he isn't proudly standing here there and everywhere, he is either playing in his brothers room (which has been James proofed) or spending time in his new favourite spot, the living room window (pic above).


On another note....the new baby is doing well I imagine. I am feeling several movements daily now at 20 weeks. My body on the other hand is not doing so hot. for some reason I have been feeling very dizzy for the past 2 days. I feel as though my body is maybe lacking something? My obgyn is not in on Monday's so I will check in with the nurse tomorrow and see what she says, this is actually one "symptom" I have never endured with the other 3 pregnancies. I will be checking in with medicaid this week so keep praying please:)


I will post again soon about all the birthday fun Jacob has been and will be having for birthday #4.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Go James!!! He is precious and growing so darn fast. Still praying for all your medical needs to be taken care of so you can get in to the doctor.

Two weeks and I will get to hug you!!!! YAY!!!