Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Last Few Days.....

Let us start with Sunday. Sunday, Ryan got baptised. He was nervous about the water situation. For the past few summers, anytime he has had an opportunity to go swimming (which is often since Mamaw and Papaw have had a pool for awhile), in the beginning he always wants to sit on the stairs, then as summer starts coming to a close, he feels comfortable going out into the pool. Even though I love my husband dearly I think he has had a part in this because Jeremy used to throw him around in the pool even though Ryan didn't want him too and has caused Ryan to be scared:(



But, back to Sunday. You will see in the pics below that Ryan looks a bit scared, it looked worse in person but he was brave and he wanted to do it, he was just nervous about the water. I am so proud of him that even though he had that fear, he overcame it to be baptised.







Ryan, getting into the water..........







Here, John is asking Ryan if he wants to be baptised, Ryan is at a loss for words anticipating being "dunked".





About to go into the water.....



And up he comes.....a baptised Ryan. I am so glad that John got to do this. It is nice for our family and I am sure made Ryan feel a bit more secure. He trusts his Papaw very much, as he should:)



After all was said and done, we stood as a family for all to come and give Ryan a hug and I was able to give him a hug and kiss on the head and tell him how proud of him I was. After Ryan got out of the water, Jeremy was waiting for him on the stairs to help him get dry and dressed. Jeremy told him how proud he was of him and Ryan said that he was so proud of himself that daddy was proud of him. Too cute.



Now, on to Monday...the first day of school. We all went together for the 1st day. After a quick hug and subtle kiss on the head, we got Kolton off to his class, where he had got the teacher he was hoping for and that we know personally, Jeremy more than I. He was ready and set like an old pro.


We then took Ryan to his class. I got him set up with a few supplies at his desk as requested by his teacher whom I also was hoping he would get:) He pretty much had the attitude of okay mom, you can go now. I told him I loved him, gave a hug and off we went across the hall to drop off Jacob. We walked him in. Got him sat down and although he seemed a bit nervous (you could tell because he was quite, a very rare occurrence), he was happy to be there. I also gave him a hug goodbye and walked out. I stood in the hall for about 30 seconds then peeked in first on Ryan who was sitting there coloring the picture that had been waiting for him at his table. Then Jacob who was just sitting there, taking everything in. No tears, not even for mommy (I did that all day Sunday).


When they got home I was bombarded with look at this and let me tell you about this. I had had a plan to start with one kid, sit down with them, let them tell me about their day and look through their stuff with them...yeah right mom, what were you thinking? Eventually I was able to talk to each of them individually and go through their stuff. Kolton is going to get to play a recorder this year that he can practice at home...yea, so excited about that. He had a great day and got to sit between to girls! He didn't really want to talk about that:)


Ryan also had a great day, he had fun and played with many kids and said he made friends. No one was mean to him and he said he was nice too. This has been my biggest fear with the 2 small ones. No one to play with, no one to eat lunch with, no one to talk too. I guess I can get over that! However, there was some lunch time confusion and even though I had packed a made to order lunch, he didn't get to eat it. It was a miscommunication and Jeremy sorted that out with his teacher this morning, so today he should be able to eat lunch.



Jacob also had a good day, his teacher said he was quite and good. Thank the Lord!!! You understand if you know Jacob! When he got home, he was so proud of his empty take home folder. Again, too cute:) We also had lunch issues here. When we signed Jacob up for this pre-k class, we didn't have a bunch of info for it but decided he needed to go to learn, gain some extra social skills and hopefully help with his speech even more than I am doing. We were not aware of the fact that even though breakfast and lunch is provided for them for free, he CAN'T take his own lunch. This I do not like. As I stated above, I had reason for enrolling him in this class, and one of them was NOT so someone could tell me what my child can and can not eat! When Jeremy talked to his teacher this morning about it, she said she had several questions for the director of the program and she would add this to her list. Well, okay but what if he ends up not being able to take his lunch. i have browsed the lunch menu for the next 5-6 weeks. He will end up only eating 1-2 things only 2-3 days a week! I know my child, especially Jacob can be picky, but this should not mean he can't eat. He needs to eat to have energy and have a good day, I think of all people, school personnel should know this. So, we'll see the outcome of this soon, and worse case scenario, I tell Jacob he can't take his lunch and he needs to try food on his try and eat what he can. This will not go over well with him, but I think he wants to be at school so badly that he will get over it. At least he does have snacks and drinks through out the day.



Last night was tough. Ryan and Jacob were both so very tired. They cried about everything and bed time was earlier than normal and they hated that but obviously need good sleep. I am hoping they will get adjusted soon so we don't have to go through evenings like last night for too much longer.



I will try to post at the end of the week about how the rest of the school weeks went.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Dawn :) It sounds like this was tougher for you than them. Katie has been in school for 2 weeks now and everything is just now getting settled (2 weeks of crying after school, before school but not AT school) Try to look at Jacob's meal situation as a blessing. Kids will eat when they get hungry and he WILL find something he likes on the plate. They also usually have snacks during the day. John David was unable to take his lunch when he went to his Pre-K and he was fine even though I worried like you are. Everything will work out for the best - just keep praying about. I really think school is going to do GREAT things for Jacob. School is what completely changed JD. Hang in there :)