Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Not much new here

Like the title says, not much new here. We are getting ready for school to start. Friday we go to open house so we can show Ryan and Jacob around and find out who has what teacher, Kolton is holding out for a particular teacher that has been there since Jeremy attended.
We are counting down the days to find out if God has blessed us with another boy or a girl, this will happen friday morning, I will post that afternoon.
The main reason I am posting today is I read a post on Confessions of a CF Husband and was just inspired by it. This family is a wonderful testimony of God's love and the true love of a husband and wife. Again, I encourage you to read it if you haven't already.
Oh, Ryan is being baptized Sunday evening! We have been talking to him about this on and off since the beginning of the year. I have been telling him that he does not need to be baptised to go to heaven but that it would make God smile if he would do it. Sunday morning Jeremy asked him if he had thought about it any more and if he thought he might be ready and he said yes. Well, actually he said, "sure, I don't care, that's fine". So, during invitation Sunday morning, he went down and talked to Bro. Joe (our pastor) about it and it is set for Sunday evening. As far as I know Papaw (John) is going to do it with Bro. Joe in there with them. John is associated pastor ( I think that is what the title is) so this allows him to do to the baptism. It seems that any fear Ryan has had of the water, God has given him peace about it and he is ready. I am so proud of him and am glad that our "do not push it" approach worked for him. i will obviously post w/ pics about this asap.
Until Friday.....

No comments: