Monday, April 28, 2008

James

James will be 6 months old on May 13th. He is a wonderful happy baby...now. The poor thing spent the first month and a half of his life with untreated acid reflux. He cried all the time and never wante to lay down, spit up A LOT, acted hungry but didn't eat without crying. When we called his PCP they said to try a certain formula for colic. This didn't work and actually made it worse. I decided something was wrong with him. I knew his cry was a pain cry, not just from colic. When we took him into his doc, she was on leave for awhile and we got her fill in. We will NEVER see her again. She treated me like an over tired, over worked mom of 3 kids and a new baby. She chalked it up to colic and me over worrying and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. But, I just new something was wrong. After 2 weeks with Christmas in the middle of it, i took him back to see his regular PCP. I told her his symptoms, and that I believed he had acid reflux. Praise God she listened! James was put on 2 different meds and has been like a completley different baby. This just goes to show you, if you think something is wrong with your kid, your most likely right and keep persisting until someone takes you seriously.

At 5.5 months James rolls both ways and rolls all over the living room and kitchen. He can walk in his walker forwards and backwards. He laughs and always smiles at everyone. He loves mashed potatoes, and all kinds of baby food. He is very long for his age, wearing 9-12 month clothing. He is a terrific sleeper, goes to bed on his own and rarely cries. We put him down at around 8, feed him at 11 and I don't see him again until 6-7 in the morning.
The sitting up on his own is a work in progress, he'll do it for a few seconds then laughs and falls over to the side. He will reach for Jeremy and practically fall out of my arms to get to him. He also does the same for John, Jeremy's dad. James is very much a daddy's boy. It is very sweet.
We changed a lot of our baby parenting with James and it seems to have helped him to flourish already and not be so "clingy" to his mommy:)
I am looking forward to the next 6 months and all the changes he will go through. I will absolutly be posting on those changes as they come.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the posts about your sweet boys.

Thanks for sharing.

You are right...if YOU don't fight for your kids no one else will. God gave us that responsibility as their parents.