Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Dad

My dad, with all bias aside, is truly a great man. He and my mom separated when I was 8, and I did only get to spend time with him here and there, not his fault but just the way things were due to many different reasons. Eventually when I turned 21 I was able to spend loads of time with him and am so thankful for that. Not just that I got to spend that time with him but that I got to do it as an adult (in making). It was during this time I realized how much I am like him in many ways. This is a good thing as far as I am concerned (most of the time!).
It is very hard being so far away from him, but I understand that this is life and the way it is, hopefully just for now. I do pray that one day my kids will be able to spend more time with him and see what a great Papaw they have. I know he would be such a positive influence in their lives.
I really can say I do not know anyone like my dad. He is so smart about so many things and is kind and generous and loving. To this day as a mother and wife and almost 30, I still look to my dad for advice. I WANT his opinion, I value and trust it.
I love you dad, and thank you for being who you are:)

No comments: