Monday, April 28, 2008

Ryan

My first born Ryan is a character. He can be so sweet and loving, but boy can he argue! He needs to be a lawyer when he grows up. He always has to have the last word, or tries to anyway. He is also very smart like his big brother.
In a few months, Ryan will be starting kindergarten. We went to an orientation and they 2 kind. teachers took the kids to their classes to do some stuff while the parents listened and talked to other teachers. There were other kids crying about going and some kids didn't even go. But, there was my Ryan, proud to go with the teacher. He was such a big little man. He had a great time with his teachers. He is ready, I on the other hand am not! I know he will be just fine but it's going to take me a minute to get my heart to understand that.
Ryan is also a handsome guy and funny and loves his baby brother to pieces. He is also very excited about the new baby that is on his or her way. Everyday he tells my belly "I love you baby". How cute is that?!? When he was asked by one of his teachers at church if he wanted a sister or another brother, he said to her "it's in God's hands". Talk about melt you heart. For 5 he is very understadning about God and Jesus and recently accepted Christ as Lord and Savior. I wouldn't be surprised if he does this again later in life and gets it (if he didn't actually get it this time), but that's okay as long as he gets it right if he hasn't already, but only God knows for sure. I don't take full credit for this. He has wonderful grandparents and teachers at church who have helped him to learn about Christ. I thank God for these people because they are helping us to mold our children (Kolton is also saved, I forgot to mention in his post).
I know God holds wonderful things for Ryan too. I can't wait to see him play with his own children one day.
He is a round little guy, and has a completely different body type than his dad and brothers. Sorry Ryan, you got mommies genes! But he is still too cute and I am sure he will grow out of his round little belly :)
Ryan is also a talker. Talk talk talk, I believe sometimes he just wants to hear himself talk! He loves to talk on the phone with his granny (my mom). He'll talk her ear off about 3 times a week for an hour sometimes, but granny eats it up! He talks so much I am worried he will get into trouble when he starts school. Already, he gets himself into trouble because he doesn't know when to just stop. When it's happening, it's frustrating but when you sit back and think about it, it's rather funny.
On another topic, for those of you reading this blog...help! Can you suggest baby boy names that do not start with "J". We are having a hard time coming up with a name. We have settled on Edward as a middle name. If you have any ideas please leave post them here, thanks :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as baby names, John David told me a few weeks ago that the new babies name should be Thomas - it's not a "J". I love how he just assumed it was going to be a boy :)