Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kolton

If you have not read my other posts, scroll down, this will explain this post and some nore to come.

Kolton is my 9 year old step son. I really detest calling him that because I look at him as though he is my son, although I do have respect for the fact that I am not his mom and actually, his mom is a close friend of mine whom I love dearly.
I have been in his life since he was 18 months old, and am ashamed to say the first 1.5 years or so, I was not the person he needed me to be. I do not believe he remembers that but I do and it hurts me to this day.
Kolton is next to genius. He is so smart about all kinds of things and he has been accepted into a alpha program in school starting next year for creative and intelligent children. We are very proud of him and his accomlishments and he's only 9!
Kolton is a great big brother to our other boys (although siblings will be siblings). He is so loving and caring to everyone. He can be quite a lot of the times, but when you get him to laugh, his real laugh, it comes straight from his belly and it's infectious! He is the next best thing since french fries as far as his younger brothers are concerned (they don't like bread).
He is respectful and kind and handsome. I can't wait to see the great things ahead for him. I can't wait to watch him grow into a man and eventually a husband and father, he is going to be a great dad I think.
I know it is tough sometimes for him being the older brother (his next oldest brother is 4 years younger). But he does a good job and I just keep reminding him of all the things he'll get to do first in life because he is the oldest.
As with our other kids, I pray we do right by him and help him grow into the man God wants him to be.
Come back soon for more posts dedicated to the rest of my growing family.

No comments: