Monday, June 16, 2008

Counting Down to VBS

We have 6 days until VBS starts (including today). Jeremy and I get to teach together this year for the first time. Before we each taught seperatley with another couple, Jon and Aimee. I told my pastor, Bro. Joe and Jon that if this didn't work out so well, I reserve the right to take Aimee back next year! (I love you Jeremy). Aimee was great. She was so helpful and made me feel comfortable and really helped me to grow in teaching, not just VBS but all teaching.
So, this year our theme is the Lord's Army and our lessons are based on the Armor of God. Our church tried something new this year. A committee of 4 came up with everything for our VBS. From our theme to our snacks. The purpose was to make it less expensive for the teachers (they took up offerings) and not as time consuming. They have done a great job, thanks Lisa, Bill, Krystal and Jeremy:)
I love VBS. Just to see one kid smile when they are learning about Christ makes all the runing around and tiredness sooo worth it. My prayer this year as every year, is for at least one person to come to know Christ through what they have learned at VBS. But, even if that doesn't happen, it's okay because we will have all planted a seed that will one day hopefully grow into salvation.
So..please pray for the teachers, that will be studied up and prepared and will have fun. Pray for our pastor, Bro. Joe and deacon John (my FIL). They have the tough job of making the kids laugh and get interested in what they are about to learna nd what they have learned. This can be a tough job I'm sure but for the 4 years I have participated, they made it seem effortless. They are always dressing up in goofy outfits and just being plain silly ( I will post pics after all is said and done).
Please pray that God will fill our classes with children of all ages, young adults and adults too. And please pray that anyone attending that does not have salvation thorugh Christ might find Him through what they learn.

I doubt I will post until VBS is over. But the first post I make will be about it and with pics.

No comments: