Thursday, June 26, 2008

VBS 2008

Okay, so VBS is now over. We have family night tomorrow, but the classes are over. It was a great time with great kids, youth and adults (and plenty of water balloons). I enjoyed teaching with Jeremy and I think we worked well together (although I missed you Aimee). No one got saved directly, but like I said before we all planted many seeds that will maybe one day grow into salvation. I know all the children and adults each learned something new. Here is Jeremy, solider of God:)



Here is a pic of our youth group this year.







A pic of Preschool, making their shields of faith.


A pic of our adults back row left to right: Darlene, Janice, Robert, JD

Front row, left to right; Uncle Lou and Jeremy.


Bro. Joe talking with Uncle Lou and Bro. Robert.


Our youth teachers, Bill and Lisa (with Joe T. in the back ground).


My FIL, Papaw to my boys but this week, he was Commander John:)


Our cross in church, covered with the pieces of the Armor of God.


Group ages K-gr. 1. Erin and Krystal are great eachers and the kids just love them.


Jon and Aimee's class, this night they had grades 4th and 5th. This was a great group to teach in their own ways:)

Some of the kids: Cymber, Abby, and Brent T. This pic occured after they all got cleaned up after being covered in shaving cream...even Jon and Aimee. As you can see the fingers are pointed at Jon for that!


Ms. Mary with grade 2nd and 3rd making their Bible covers..there's Kolton:)


More activity for the youth group, always a large group, they always have a blast getting wet and dirty:)


Ryan, making his shield of faith.


Jacob also making his shield of faith:)


Kolton working intensely on his Bible cover:)



Erin and Krystal had the K-1 grades this night, they are working on their helmets of salvation. Joe T. in the background helping out. Joe taught VBS for the first time this year and I think he did a great job bringing glory to God and spreading the gospel:)


2 pics that may bring the idea to you of what our theme was...






This was a great experience and I wish all could have it. We have family night tomorrow and I will take more pics and post them soon:)
































1 comment:

Alice said...

I have a few tears after seeing these pictures. I miss VBS so much. We have not been able to participate in VBS two years in a row here (last year I was big pregnant and this year we are moving during that week...bummer).

Glad you all survived. Hope tonight is GREAT!!! Send all my LOVE to all our great family and friends!!!