Saturday, June 28, 2008

VBS'08 Family Night

I was not able to take pics of last night:(
However, it was a great turn out. Larger than I can remember for a family night since I have taught VBS. We had a great time with the kids, giving their parents and/or grandparents a touch of all the fun we all had this past week. There was one song we all sang that had an echo effect in it, so...all the young kids (K-5th) would turn around and face the youth, the youth would sing (or yell) the line in the song and the younger kids would echo it back. It basically was a yelling match but it was really fun.
The parents and/or grandparents came by the rooms to see them and meet the teachers, and then we all headed out to the fellowship hall where we had hot dogs and a bunch of other goodies.
A group of kids that attended actually brothers and sisters live a few houses down from Jeremy and i. We see them at least 3 times a week as we pass their house and have for almost 3 years now. Today for the first time as we were headed past their house, one of the boys was outside and not only was he wearing all the army "gear" he got from VBS but he was smiling a big smile and waving hello to us. I have 2 points to make with this...
1. I am ashamed to say that we (Jeremy and/or I) had never taken the time to wave at any of them before...but....
2. I was soooo happy that some sort of impression was left on this child that he recognized us (we only taught him 1 out of 5 nights) and stopped what he was doing to wave.
Like I have said a few times now, that alone made all the VBS prep, running around, sweating, etc...all worth it!

Jeremy and I clean our church weekly and we went up today to clean and was not looking forward to the clean up after VBS, but thanks to our loving church family, we had not much extra to do. Thank you to all who helped out in that area. You will never know how much Jeremy and I appreciated it.

No comments: