Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The New Baby

Well I got to see the new baby today. He (or she) was stretched out in my belly. I could see a bottom and a spine and head and an arm waved too. It was great. I am 14 weeks and 4 days and am due on Dec. 3rd, but who knows exactly when the baby will arrive.
I am having my thyroid checked, but other than that everything seems wonderful.

James is really keeping me busy these days being mobile and all. He ate a piece of dog food the other day! He has learned "no" real quick and now when he goes towards the dog food, I say "James, no", and he detours. He will stay in his playpen for about 15-20 minutes 2 or 3 times a day which he likes and so do I. He has new schedule that seems to start his day (and mine) at 5 am. I am not sure what he is thinking! I am guessing he is hungry but I can't really feed him anymore than I do at a time and I already put a bit of rice in his bottle with a bit extra before bed. He sleeps from 7 pm to 5am with a feeding at 11pm. I guess this is good really and I should be happy with it, but I was enjoying it when he slept until 6 am. I have tried keeping him up until 8pm but he is not having it. So, needless to say with early rising and chasing after the kids all day and carrying another one...I'm tired today.

Kolton finished school today. Next year he is in 4th grade!!! I can't believe it. He had a great year with excellent grades and he seemed to have fun with it too. Next year he starts a program for kids who are imaginative and bright. He already has friends who are in the program which is great, and he is really looking forward to it. It will not interfere with his day to day class activities so it's not putting anymore on him than normal which is good because we were concerned with that. I want him to continue to enjoy himself which will help him to continue to be so successful.

I will post soon with a picture update and the new video I shot of James "crawling".

No comments: